KIH Pediatric clinic provides young patients with a wide range of care from routine health examinations to managing chronic health conditions to urgent care. Our doctors work with patients and their parents, by promoting health through preventative medicine, health screenings and health education.
Neonatologists generally provide the following care:
- Diagnose and treat newborns with conditions such as breathing disorders, infections, and birth defects.
- Coordinate care and medically manage newborns born premature, critically ill, or in need of surgery.
- Ensure that critically ill newborns receive the proper nutrition for healing and growth.
- Provide care to the newborn at a cesarean or other delivery that involves medical problems in the mother or baby that may compromise the infant’s health and require medical intervention in the delivery room.
- Stabilize and treat newborns with any life-threatening medical problems.
- Consult with obstetricians, pediatricians, and family physicians about conditions affecting newborn infants.
Pediatricians diagnose and treat:
- genetic defects
- organic diseases and dysfunctions